A German-style sauerkraut salad that has a sweet and satisfying flavour and shows up with a lot of colour. The red and green bell peppers in this salad make it an on-point colour cordination for a Christmas ? table if that’s what you are looking for!
How is sauerkraut made?
Sauerkraut is “sour cabbage” which has been finely chopped and undergone fermentation with lactic acid bacteria. Sauerkraut is a German word, but sauerkraut did not originate in Germany. The origin of sauerkraut seems unknown, and fermented foods have been around for a long time.
- Sauerkraut (810g size), drained (1 jar)
- Onion, choppped (1)
- Red bell pepper, chopped (1)
- Green bell pepper, chopped (1)
- Celery, chopped (1 cup)
- White sugar (1.5 cups)
- Olive oil (1/2 cup)
- Apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup)
- Using a colander, drain the container of sauerkraut
- Chop vegetables finely (onion, peppers and celery) and put in medium size mixing bowl
- Add oil, vinegar and sugar to the mixing bowl and incorporate well
- Allow salad to incorporate flavours for 15 minutes before serving.
IF YOU ENJOYED THIS RECIPE, HERE ARE SOME OTHERS YOU’LL LOVE ❤
Roasted Carrot & Parsnip Salad – the perfect salad for autumn
Napa Cabbage Salad – napa cabbage mixed with the crunchy texture of the salad topper, paired with the homemade dressing
Cobb Salad – perfect summer salad that eats like a meal
Greek Salad – a traditional Greek salad with a secret ingredient!
Get SOCIAL with us and SHARE THE LOVE ?
Sauerkraut Salad ?
A flavourful and colourful salad made with sauerkraut, sweet peppers and a surprising sweet & zippy dressing.
- 1 jar Sauerkraut (810g size), drained
- 1 Onion, choppped
- 1 Red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Celery, chopped
- 1.5 cups White sugar
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
Using a colander, drain the container of sauerkraut
Chop vegetables finely (onion, peppers and celery) and put in medium size mixing bowl
Add oil, vinegar and sugar to the mixing bowl and incorporate well
Allow salad to incorporate flavours for 15 minutes before serving.
Copyright ApronsOnPeople.com 2020
If you enjoyed this recipe, you can help others find us by…
Giving the recipe a rating and comment
Forward this page to your friends
Thanks for being an awesome part of our community! xo Cheryl & Madi